Ok HOT ONE/ {Gun Control-GC}

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok HOT ONE/ {Gun Control-GC}

Post by snapzz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:56 am

I really find it hard to believed that some congress members will not vote for GC b/c they may not be elected again {some my not be elected any way}… this is just off the chart to me… but I guess everybody need a job, & it dose matter what Ppl wants… the job is more Important. But hay that jmo scratch

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok HOT ONE/ {Gun Control-GC}

Post by MiaWing2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:33 am

Yep This is a hot topic!
I think the problem with the issue of "Gun Control" is the power of the NRA. They won't even discuss the issue, just their same old rhetoric! They intimidate many Americans for sure!

I think there is no need for automatic weapons except for the military. Also no need for the sale of "armor piercing bullets".

I believe in the 2nd amendment but there has to be restrictions. Our forefathers never envisioned the amount of technological weaponry in the 21st century!

MiaWing2

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm

MiaWing2 wrote:Yep This is a hot topic!
I think the problem with the issue of "Gun Control" is the power of the NRA. They won't even discuss the issue, just their same old rhetoric! They intimidate many Americans for sure!

I think there is no need for automatic weapons except for the military. Also no need for the sale of "armor piercing bullets".

I believe in the 2nd amendment but there has to be restrictions. Our forefathers never envisioned the amount of technological weaponry in the 21st century!
lol yep I stated this will be a hot one, but you know I dont care, good topic to me, but once again great mine think alike, I am so with you, I think automatic weapons should be for polic/military. also I dont see where anyone it taking anyone GUN & back when the 2nd amendment there was not automatic weapons if I am not in error.

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaWing2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 pm

BTW snapzz, love your avatar. What a cutie! Very Happy

MiaWing2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:41 pm

honestly - and this is NO diss - but I am sooo glad we never had a second ammendment problem up here....

in fact we don't have ANY ammendments up here...LOL not that this is a good thing either - its just we have a different way of doing things here - its called - the people in charge make ALL the decisions whether we like them or not....

and it kind of bites...

Jazzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teachesk on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:09 pm

I think there should be background checks. All fire arms should be registered. There should be a record for anyone buying bullets. Close the loop holes for buying guns at shows and from private dealers. Nothing will stop criminals from getting guns but the above could keep weapons out of the hands of the unstable. Also IMO, if your gun caused an accident because it wasn't safely stored you should be charged with murder or manslaughter.

Teachesk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaWing2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Teachesk wrote:I think there should be background checks. All fire arms should be registered. There should be a record for anyone buying bullets. Close the loop holes for buying guns at shows and from private dealers. Nothing will stop criminals from getting guns but the above could keep weapons out of the hands of the unstable. Also IMO, if your gun caused an accident because it wasn't safely stored you should be charged with murder or manslaughter.

ITA with everything you said and:

I nominate you for Best Post of the week! Very Happy

MiaWing2

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:55 pm

MiaWing2 wrote:BTW snapzz, love your avatar. What a cutie! Very Happy
***************************thank you but that before he was groom wait until you see the new one with no hair lol!

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaWing2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:32 pm

snapzz wrote:
MiaWing2 wrote:BTW snapzz, love your avatar. What a cutie! Very Happy
***************************thank you but that before he was groom wait until you see the new one with no hair lol!

He is adorable. Shaving is a ritual of Spring. LOL

My friend has a long haired cat & he shaves him every Spring affraid

MiaWing2

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacherswife on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

They already do backgrounds checks when you purchase guns. They need to report mental illness but due to the HIPPA laws they cant be done until they are changed. The background does show if you are a convicted felon or have a restraining order against you. However, if someone wants a gun bad enough and legally cant own one they will get one anyway. Ca has a 21 day waiting period for handguns and 2 weeks other types of weapons. Does it help..not really. The guns need to be kept from criminals. Law abiding citizens that own guns legally should not be penalized. They have the right to defend themselves and have the opportunity to have equal firepower against the criminals.

Preacherswife

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacherswife on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Also it would serve no purpose to register ammunition. It would just clog up the system and make matters worse. There is already enough red tape and paper work involved. Even face to face sales in CA have to be done through a licensed FFL dealer and be held through the waiting period. Again the only way to keep the guns out of the hands of the unstable is to change the HIPPA laws so that mental illness can be reported and show on a background check. I think all this makes way more sense than trying to change our constitution,

Preacherswife

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKEELY on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

The NRA's often demonized "power" does not exist in a vacuum. Its power comes from the fact that it has a vast membership who votes. Those members (aka voters) can turn an election. In 1996 many lost their elected seats b/c the defied the will of their constituents who just so happened to agree with the NRA on the then assault weapons ban. When said ban lapsed, not even a democrat controlled House/Senate/Obama WH had the will to renew it....

If you speak ill of the NRA's power to unseat politicians. you are actually maligning the will of voters.

KayKEELY

Back to top Go down

Post by LI_NY on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 pm

You don't have to change the constitution to have better gun control.

LI_NY

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Teachesk wrote:I think there should be background checks. All fire arms should be registered. There should be a record for anyone buying bullets. Close the loop holes for buying guns at shows and from private dealers. Nothing will stop criminals from getting guns but the above could keep weapons out of the hands of the unstable. Also IMO, if your gun caused an accident because it wasn't safely stored you should be charged with murder or manslaughter.
Teachesk I am with you, with the background checks, they do background checks to buy a car... & you are right they should be registered, all of this is a good thing, & the Ppl want this, but again it don't matter what the Ppl want. Rolling Eyes

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Preacherswife wrote:They already do backgrounds checks when you purchase guns. They need to report mental illness but due to the HIPPA laws they cant be done until they are changed. The background does show if you are a convicted felon or have a restraining order against you. However, if someone wants a gun bad enough and legally cant own one they will get one anyway. Ca has a 21 day waiting period for handguns and 2 weeks other types of weapons. Does it help..not really. The guns need to be kept from criminals. Law abiding citizens that own guns legally should not be penalized. They have the right to defend themselves and have the opportunity to have equal firepower against the criminals.
Preacherswife, if I am not in error, there are not background checks on gun show at all, & you are right the background check does not shwo if you are a convicted felon, restraining order at all, & if a person want a gun bad enough they will find a way to get it for sure. like the way you think I love you

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top