Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by blairsmygirl on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 am

For whatever reason, to me, Sabrina has lost her appeal. I did like her in the beginning but I'm just not feeling her now. Thought it might be because Robin is coming back - but I don't think I would want her with Patrick even if Robin wasn't coming back - I think I just don't like her with Patrick, actually I think Sabrina and Nik might be hot together????? That would sure keep the tension going between her and Britt!!! Any way she just seems like she's been on her high-horse lately (for lack of better term - sleepy this morning LOL)

blairsmygirl

Posts: 1180
Join date: 2013-03-19
Age: 55
Location: the ohio valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by taylors2cats on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 am

Frankly, I don't think Sabrina is at all the same person she was. Wording it poorly, but she is not the same character RC first introduced. We all knew that she would undergo some sort of beauty make over. The way she was dressed and donned those ridiculously nerdy glasses, she had to undergo some transformation. I think we all knew that she would also gain some confidence upon her physical transformation. What we got in addition to those things was a SORASed woman from about 19/20 to 27 and who all of a sudden had a 4 year college degree behind her, with a mature sexual past (really?) that we learned about when she told Patrick that she had previously lived with a long time boyfriend and enjoyed a vigorous sex life. Those things alone are just unbelievable and I would add not necessary. I think that RC was trying to win over the Sabrina haters/Patrina Haters so that people would accept Sabrina and Patrina once they became couple by taking away some of the criticism that she was too young for Patrick/too inexperienced for Patrick/acted too young for Patrick (as in acting like a 15 year old). Frankly, I think the long time Sabrina haters still hate her and never did embrace her. I think all RC accomplished was turning off a good number of Sabrina supporters and a good number of Patrina supporters. Again, I believe that we expected Sabrina to undergo a confidence boost once she was made over, but we also got a sophisticated, been there, done that Sabrina and one who can be very pushy and one who goes beyond sticking up for herself but to one sticking it to others. Part of her charm was her nerdy/geekiness and some of her insecurities. It was part of what made us what us want Patrick to notice Sabrina and choose her over Britch. I think that they could have had more confident Sabrina able to function maturely as Patrick's girlfriend, including fully sexually functionally, but leaving some of her old traits where she sometimes does dorky things, sometimes is insecure about things. I used to really like Sabrina when it came to her friendship with Liz. When was the last time she even said hello to Liz. Now its like she is too cool for Liz. The change is just too extreme and unbelievable....she goes from being too shy she'd just die if anyone ever told Patrick she liked him to being in control of their relationship. She goes from a woman if you had to guess by the way she behaved in public and when speaking to Liz and Felix about "liking Patrick" that she had never been kissed before, except for a game of spin the bottle and even then when the bottle pointed to her that the boys opted to kiss her on the forehead to a woman saying "I had lots of sex before." I would have rather just Sabrina remain the 19/20 year old that finally caught the eye of Patrick due to her sweetness, her gentle, kind, honest ways and when they went to bed for the first time have it be awkward and sweet because it was truly her first time ever. No...all this revamp or what I call a cheap repaint of Sabrina is just all too much to believe. The sudden change in Sabrina could make one wonder if Britch was right and that Sabrina played the nerd, the innocent, the woe is me and being picked on and manipulated the situation to get the sympathy, attention of Patrick and make him feel sorry for her and make him like that she was so good with his precious Emma and then how could he not fall for her.

I have other issues with Patrick being paired with Sabrina that actually do have to do with Robin...I think it would have been tragically soapy if he had been with Liz--the woman Robin handpicked for him--and then to come back. I love both Robin and Liz. I would be heartbroken and might not be able to decide which lady I'd want Patrick to end up with. (I think I would have similar feelings if RC had brought back Sarah Webber--a legacy character and much needed doctor for GH rather than invented Britch and Sabrina--thought RC wanted to put his own mark on GH rather than dust off and recast Sarah, I suppose. RME. Sarah's character was always a sweet woman and a widow. I could see her and Patrick bonding over their loss-thought Sarah's would have been years ago by that point, but nonetheless she could understand the loss. Robin knew Sarah too. Would have been very soapy for Robin to come home and find him with Sarah, similar to if Liz was his new lady. I would care about Liz or Sarah when Robin came home and care of Patrick and care about Robin. With Sabrina, I just don't care and in fact want to help her pack her bags and gather up all her crap that she has over at Patrick's and Robin's house and have it ready to hand to her and tell her not to the the door hit her in the ass behind her.)

More than you probably wanted for a response...sigh.

taylors2cats

Posts: 7350
Join date: 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by jennymormul on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:20 am

I agree, they did make the transformation of Sabrina too dramatic

not at ALL shy or lacking confidence all of the sudden ???

so that's what it takes in life? some Frizz Ease and you are good to go ????? come on!

and I also agree, when Robin comes back, I for one, will not feel the pull for Patrick on who to choose

and i will not feel pain, it will just be oh Sorry Sabrina

I love when they can make you really FEEL for the character

remember the times when they actually made you CRY????

like Bobbi and Felicia - when Felicia finds out that the heart that will save Maxie's life is from BJ ??????

so happy and relieved to pure PAIN and I felt it

there will be no such pain for the split of Patrick and Sabrina - the feelings, deep feelings just won't be there......Mad No confused confused confused 

jennymormul

Posts: 2091
Join date: 2013-03-14
Age: 47
Location: Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by taylors2cats on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 am

jennymormul wrote:I agree, they did make the transformation of Sabrina too dramatic

not at ALL shy or lacking confidence all of the sudden ???

so that's what it takes in life?  some Frizz Ease and you are good to go ?????  come on!

and I also agree, when Robin comes back, I for one, will not feel the pull for Patrick on who to choose

and i will not feel pain, it will just be oh Sorry Sabrina

I love when they can make you really FEEL for the character

remember the times when they actually made you CRY????

like Bobbi and Felicia - when Felicia finds out that the heart that will save Maxie's life is from BJ ??????

so happy and relieved to pure PAIN and I felt it

there will be no such pain for the split of Patrick and Sabrina - the feelings, deep feelings just won't be there......Mad No confused confused confused 
Yep...not much for care about, to feel about. I think that is actually a problem for most newbie characters. Seldom are they written in a way that we care about them, what happens to them. Rarely are they written so that they make us feel anything other than get off the screen so that so and so can have more air time. I do understand that new characters will be introduced as a matter of course and that new writers/producers want to put their mark on a soap and that usually means introducing their characters rather than dusting off old legacy characters or deciding to embrace and highlight existing characters (even though they are enormously popular with fans and grossly under used by previous producer/writing teams). What I don't understand is when a character or a couple is just a bust why the Producers/Writers do not want to admit that they were wrong. I mean, their job is to put out the best, most successful soap as possible--right? To me that includes giving the majority of the fans what they want. If the majority if giving negative feedback (or worse yet tuning out) because of this one being paired with that one or because of the one over there being on the screen too much and at the expense of established faves, why stand your ground and keeping shoving the duds? I don't buy it takes time to extricate a dud of a character due to long, complicated story arcs. I think it is just their vanity keeping the crap on going.

taylors2cats

Posts: 7350
Join date: 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by blairsmygirl on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:15 pm

I agree with you girls, I was thinking the same thing about bringing Sarah Weber back instead of adding newbies IMO Sarah should have been brought back if not before Sabrina and the britch then at least as soon as Steve went to jail?? Off topic - AGAIN they should bring Lucas back - just sayin:)

blairsmygirl

Posts: 1180
Join date: 2013-03-19
Age: 55
Location: the ohio valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by drata on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:26 pm

I don't care for her much either. I did like the character when she first started, but I don't know why I don't care for her--just don't.

drata

Posts: 145
Join date: 2013-04-18
Location: Alabama

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by blairsmygirl on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:39 pm

drata wrote:I don't care for her much either.  I did like the character when she first started, but I don't know why I don't care for her--just don't.
ITA can't put my finger on it either she just is very off-putting IMO

blairsmygirl

Posts: 1180
Join date: 2013-03-19
Age: 55
Location: the ohio valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by Lostinpc on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Sabrina just bugs the heck out of me. From a shy wallflower turning into a bitch. She wants to be in control of everything in Patrick's life. I guess she just moved herself into Patrick's house. No respect for Emma. She had no right going to Wyndemere, but I guess RC wants to redeem her, by having her deliver Brit's baby and then rushing the baby to the hospital, sorry it didn't work for me.
She never does any work at the hospital, as she's too busy meddling in everyone's business. I want Robin to come back and Sabrina gets kicked to the curb.
This is just alittle info regarding the actress playing Sabrina, she doesn't want anyone to know her real age. Guess she wants to stay young forever.

Lostinpc

Posts: 887
Join date: 2013-03-18
Age: 40

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by taylors2cats on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Lostinpc wrote:Sabrina just bugs the heck out of me.  From a shy wallflower turning into a bitch.  She wants to be in control of everything in Patrick's life. I guess she just moved herself into Patrick's house.  No respect for Emma. She had no right going to Wyndemere, but I guess RC wants to redeem her, by having her deliver Brit's baby and then rushing the baby to the hospital, sorry it didn't work for me.
She never does any work at the hospital, as she's too busy meddling in everyone's business.  I want Robin to come back and Sabrina gets kicked to the curb.  
This is just alittle info regarding the actress playing Sabrina,  she doesn't want anyone to know her real age.  Guess she wants to stay young forever.
lol...well if that is true she wants no one to know her real age, that is really silly given she is not old.  Vane much?  lol....Just only makes me believe that she is on the older side of things than the younger side of things.  LOL.  All it really amounts to is a big SO WHAT??  Not like she looks 80 or anything.  Silly young woman!  Just makes her seem really stupid and self-centered.

As far as moving in with Patrick...man the way she is always over there and sleeping over....sure seems that way. Emma, IMO, it too young to have a woman who is only dating Patrick for a short while stay over/move in. I don't care how much Emma adores her. IMO, maybe if they have been together a long long while or were engaged, but even still given Emma's age and that she is still mourning her mother (mentioned her just this 4th of July) Sabrina should clear out for the evening after fluckling Patrick. And, IMO, that is all they are doing--they really are not dating. All they do is fluckle like bunnies during their time together.

taylors2cats

Posts: 7350
Join date: 2013-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by SCORPIO CASSADINE on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Sabrina's talk with Patrick today was really well done. She was genuine, authentic, believable. The only problem with her character is she lacks nuance. She's what happens to Cinderella without the "happily ever after". That can be a good story or terribly anticlimactic, the writers need to give us more.

SCORPIO CASSADINE

Posts: 92
Join date: 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by RogerisTodd on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:32 am

Hey BMG- We usually agree about most things- so I'm kind of surprised....but.... (sorry for the length!)

I'm the only one out here gonna climb out on this limb by myself, lol.  I think Patrick, Sabrina, and Emma are an adorable trio.  I totally loved Robin, Patrick and Emma- but now I wish that Robin would just not come back- because it will break my heart to see what Emma will have to go through.  I don't like the weird romantic role/position that Sabrina has been forced into- but I like her mature stance, and in some ways I think she always demonstrated.

For instance, although she was an awkward, geek in the beginning- she always demonstrated a genuine quality of knowing right from wrong.  She had this huge crush- but thought Patrick was way out of her league.  But nevertheless, she demonstrated real caring about his grieving widower status.  I've known a lot of awkward, shy girls that are in serious or marital relationships- so knowing she had a previous serious boyfriend didn't surprise me. But the fact that right after Patrick told her he had feelings for her and wanted to 'date' her, they found out Britt was pregnant which put her in an impossible position, but she maneuvered in it with amazing grace imho.

The only real things I can say I don't like about Sabrina are mainly superficial.  Not crazy about her some of her physical features.  The only personality characteristic about her I don't like is she seems like she has lost her playfulness, and sense of humor- but I hope those things can come back now that the Britt thing is no longer looming.  She is a little too good and perfect- bordering on self righteous- a little like Victoria Lord.  Wonder if crazy will be in her future when Robin comes back. JMHOs Smile

RogerisTodd

Posts: 1165
Join date: 2013-03-14
Age: 54

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by LuLu4Todd on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:10 am

I totally agree. While she is still good with Emma ... I am not buying her and Patrick and find her annoying.

LuLu4Todd

Posts: 329
Join date: 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by blairsmygirl on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 am

RogerisTodd wrote:Hey BMG- We usually agree about most things- so I'm kind of surprised....but.... (sorry for the length!)

I'm the only one out here gonna climb out on this limb by myself, lol.  I think Patrick, Sabrina, and Emma are an adorable trio.  I totally loved Robin, Patrick and Emma- but now I wish that Robin would just not come back- because it will break my heart to see what Emma will have to go through.  I don't like the weird romantic role/position that Sabrina has been forced into- but I like her mature stance, and in some ways I think she always demonstrated.

For instance, although she was an awkward, geek in the beginning- she always demonstrated a genuine quality of knowing right from wrong.  She had this huge crush- but thought Patrick was way out of her league.  But nevertheless, she demonstrated real caring about his grieving widower status.  I've known a lot of awkward, shy girls that are in serious or marital relationships- so knowing she had a previous serious boyfriend didn't surprise me. But the fact that right after Patrick told her he had feelings for her and wanted to 'date' her, they found out Britt was pregnant which put her in an impossible position, but she maneuvered in it with amazing grace imho.

The only real things I can say I don't like about Sabrina are mainly superficial.  Not crazy about her some of her physical features.  The only personality characteristic about her I don't like is she seems like she has lost her playfulness, and sense of humor- but I hope those things can come back now that the Britt thing is no longer looming.  She is a little too good and perfect- bordering on self righteous- a little like Victoria Lord.  Wonder if crazy will be in her future when Robin comes back. JMHOs Smile
LOL we do agree on most things!!! I do agree with you that she is good with Emma and I think that is genuine - just the way she is with Patrick I'm not liking!

blairsmygirl

Posts: 1180
Join date: 2013-03-19
Age: 55
Location: the ohio valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by RogerisTodd on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:17 am

blairsmygirl wrote:
RogerisTodd wrote:Hey BMG- We usually agree about most things- so I'm kind of surprised....but.... (sorry for the length!)

I'm the only one out here gonna climb out on this limb by myself, lol.  I think Patrick, Sabrina, and Emma are an adorable trio.  I totally loved Robin, Patrick and Emma- but now I wish that Robin would just not come back- because it will break my heart to see what Emma will have to go through.  I don't like the weird romantic role/position that Sabrina has been forced into- but I like her mature stance, and in some ways I think she always demonstrated.

For instance, although she was an awkward, geek in the beginning- she always demonstrated a genuine quality of knowing right from wrong.  She had this huge crush- but thought Patrick was way out of her league.  But nevertheless, she demonstrated real caring about his grieving widower status.  I've known a lot of awkward, shy girls that are in serious or marital relationships- so knowing she had a previous serious boyfriend didn't surprise me. But the fact that right after Patrick told her he had feelings for her and wanted to 'date' her, they found out Britt was pregnant which put her in an impossible position, but she maneuvered in it with amazing grace imho.

The only real things I can say I don't like about Sabrina are mainly superficial.  Not crazy about her some of her physical features.  The only personality characteristic about her I don't like is she seems like she has lost her playfulness, and sense of humor- but I hope those things can come back now that the Britt thing is no longer looming.  She is a little too good and perfect- bordering on self righteous- a little like Victoria Lord.  Wonder if crazy will be in her future when Robin comes back. JMHOs Smile
LOL we do agree on most things!!! I do agree with you that she is good with Emma and I think that is genuine - just the way she is with Patrick I'm not liking!
Well I reread your original post- and totally see where you're coming from. She's become the kind of annoying somewhat condescending ms perfect that when I was in Junior high- I'd have hated with a passion. I have a tendency to be totally irreverant- and used to hate the nuturing/maternal goody two shoes types. People like Victoria Lord, up on their high horse. Much to my chagrin- (maybe I'm maturing- ack)- but I have grown a tolerance and even a kind of appreciation for those types- though I'm sure I'll never be one, lmao! But she is kind of all Mommy-ish with Patrick which is a turn off- but when the three are together (probably because Emma is so darn sweet) I can't help but like them.


Last edited by RogerisTodd on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

RogerisTodd

Posts: 1165
Join date: 2013-03-14
Age: 54

Back to top Go down

Re: Why don't I like sabrina anymore???

Post by cigar0101 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 am

They made Sabrina blah! It's really all about Patrick now and it's like Sabrina is tagging along for the ride. She's becoming a know it all like Robin. Sorry folks I know a lot of people love Robin but that's how I saw her.

cigar0101

Posts: 1766
Join date: 2013-03-14
Age: 64

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum