A review and quick summary of Mark Levin's new book, "The Liberty Amendments"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A review and quick summary of Mark Levin's new book, "The Liberty Amendments"

Post by UndercoverInTexas on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

With Levin's book due to hit the shelves tomorrow, The American Thinker has published a short review and summary:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UndercoverInTexas

Back to top Go down

Re: A review and quick summary of Mark Levin's new book, "The Liberty Amendments"

Post by lavonne301 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 pm

UndercoverInTexas wrote:With Levin's book due to hit the shelves tomorrow, The American Thinker has published a short review and summary:

Wow, that's a lot of Amendments, I would be surprised if we were able to get any of them but who knows?

lavonne301

Back to top Go down

Re: A review and quick summary of Mark Levin's new book, "The Liberty Amendments"

Post by Naddy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:18 pm

lol! Great minds think alike.  I was going to post something on this too.  The article I found is the Joel Pollack interview from Breitbart with Mr. Levin:

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I had to read quickly, but, if I am understanding correctly, the States can act on this and do what the Constitution was created to do and we can take back what is rightfully ours based on this.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by TXHD5 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Mark Levin has made Chapter 1 available online.........

TXHD5

Back to top Go down

Post by UndercoverInTexas on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Naddy wrote:lol! Great minds think alike.  I was going to post something on this too.  The article I found is the Joel Pollack interview from Breitbart with Mr. Levin:

From the interview in the Breitbart article:

"Let me be as clear as I can: this second amendment process provides for a convention of the states to propose amendments, which in turn must be ratified by three-fourths of the states; it does not provide for a Constitutional Convention. Furthermore, because three-fourths of the states must ratify proposed amendments, there would be no 'runaway convention' overturning the entire Constitution, as some might fear monger. I fully expect the most vociferous critics of this constitutional process to be among those who support or have contributed to all manner of constitutional evasions and distortions in favor of the increasing centralization and concentration of power, which is precisely what the Constitution was established to prevent...

"...The amendment process of which I speak was proposed and enacted by the Framers, who considered it crucial to accomplishing the ratification of the Constitution, for it was specifically established to address the possibility of an oppressive federal government.

"...As I write in the book, I admit that this is something that, originally, I was skeptical about. But having now thoroughly studied the intent of the Framers in this regard, it is crystal clear they put this process in place to provide us recourse under the kind of circumstances we find ourselves confronted with today. I need to underscore that this is not some radical or novel idea, although it has been largely ignored. It will be ferociously opposed by the proponents or beneficiaries of an all powerful federal government, or dismissed by those who delude themselves that nothing of this sort can happen in America and, as they will undoubtedly claim, Americans are resilient and we have overcome worse. But it is those who seek to further impose this alien design on our society who are the target of this amendment process. Their objections, albeit self-serving, are understandable. As for the others, let me say it is because Americans are resilient that I believe we are not destined for all eternity to suffer a miserable existence, which is precisely why we must take matters into our own hands by embracing the Constitution. It was President Reagan who famously stated: 'You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us that we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.'"

UndercoverInTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:52 am

His book is already #1 on Amazon for all books, and today is the books release date!

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Rush Limbaugh was just talking about the book. Great show today (what I had time to hear of it!) SH is hosting a special with ML tomorrow and talking about the book. Seems one of the more popular amendments is the one for Supreme Court Justice term limits. Smile 

Naddy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top