Don't You Mess With Texas Eric Holder

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't You Mess With Texas Eric Holder

Post by Naddy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:08 pm

UIT and TXHD5 I have a pretty good idea how you feel about him doing this! One would think he has more important ways to spend his time these days!

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't You Mess With Texas Eric Holder

Post by snapzz on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Naddy wrote:UIT and TXHD5 I have a pretty good idea how you feel about him doing this! One would think he has more important ways to spend his time these days!  
I am sorry, I miss what happen, can someone help me out please with what happen:star: 

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Here you go snapzz, sorry my fault.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by TXHD5 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Yes, Naddy you know me. The school board of Beaumont is the immediate target of Holder's voting attack.

TXHD5

Back to top Go down

Post by TXHD5 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Holder and the DOJ are ignoring the SCOTUS.

Here is another link with additional information and comments......http://www.humanevents.com/2013/07/25/eric-holder-declares-war-on-texas/

“Once again, the Obama Administration is demonstrating utter contempt for our country’s system of checks and balances, not to mention the U.S. Constitution. This end-run around the Supreme Court undermines the will of the people of Texas, and casts unfair aspersions on our state’s common-sense efforts to preserve the integrity of our elections process,” Gov. Rick Perry said in a statement.

Texas Republican Sen. John Cornyn accused Holder of trying to go around the high court. “This decision has nothing to do with protecting voting rights and everything to do with advancing a partisan political agenda,” Cornyn said.

and

“We will not sit idly by and allow the most politically charged Department of Justice in US history to set aside the US constitution and attempt to bully the people of Texas,” True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht said. “We will meet Attorney General Holder in court and we will do whatever we need to do to advance the cause of voters’ rights for all Americans.”

“General Holder’s announcement today demonstrates just how radical the DOJ has become. The same department that criminalizes journalism and fails to prosecute IRS agents who violate the rights of American taxpayers is promising to sue states with taxpayer dollars to block laws passed by elected legislators such as voter ID and citizenship verification.

“Every American voter deserves to have his or her vote counted – and not diluted by fraud or error. The DOJ just put itself between the voters of Texas and their guaranteed constitutional and civil rights.

“True the Vote has watched as Attorney General Eric Holder has repeatedly disregarded the rule of law,” Engelbrecht continued. “We understand that this Department of Justice does not believe that protection of voters’ rights should be colorblind.

“Texas will stand its ground in San Antonio – that’s a promise.”

----------

The last sentence is most likely in direct reference to the Federal Court in San Antonio that Holder is using for his attack, but as a Texan its underlying meaning is very clear.

TXHD5

Back to top Go down

Post by lavonne301 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:25 pm

I hope that they fight them tooth and nail and I hope that they win.

lavonne301

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Naddy wrote:Here you go snapzz, sorry my fault.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
thank you Naddy so very much

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by ghfan4ever33 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:46 pm

TXHD5 wrote:Holder and the DOJ are ignoring the SCOTUS.

Here is another link with additional information and comments......http://www.humanevents.com/2013/07/25/eric-holder-declares-war-on-texas/

“Once again, the Obama Administration is demonstrating utter contempt for our country’s system of checks and balances, not to mention the U.S. Constitution. This end-run around the Supreme Court undermines the will of the people of Texas, and casts unfair aspersions on our state’s common-sense efforts to preserve the integrity of our elections process,” Gov. Rick Perry said in a statement.

Texas Republican Sen. John Cornyn accused Holder of trying to go around the high court. “This decision has nothing to do with protecting voting rights and everything to do with advancing a partisan political agenda,” Cornyn said.

and

“We will not sit idly by and allow the most politically charged Department of Justice in US history to set aside the US constitution and attempt to bully the people of Texas,” True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht said. “We will meet Attorney General Holder in court and we will do whatever we need to do to advance the cause of voters’ rights for all Americans.”

“General Holder’s announcement today demonstrates just how radical the DOJ has become. The same department that criminalizes journalism and fails to prosecute IRS agents who violate the rights of American taxpayers is promising to sue states with taxpayer dollars to block laws passed by elected legislators such as voter ID and citizenship verification.

“Every American voter deserves to have his or her vote counted – and not diluted by fraud or error. The DOJ just put itself between the voters of Texas and their guaranteed constitutional and civil rights.

“True the Vote has watched as Attorney General Eric Holder has repeatedly disregarded the rule of law,” Engelbrecht continued. “We understand that this Department of Justice does not believe that protection of voters’ rights should be colorblind.

----------

The last sentence is most likely in direct reference to the Federal Court in San Antonio that Holder is using for his attack, but as a Texan its underlying meaning is very clear.

I love how when the SCOTUS ruling doesn't agree with him he pushes forward but yet gets mad when anyone questions something when the SCOTUS rules the way he favors.

Let him have it Texas....hand him his arse..... Smile

ghfan4ever33

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:58 pm

This administration has no boundaries! We can't give up and let them drive us into the ground as a country.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:03 pm

TXHD5 wrote:Yes, Naddy you know me.  The school board of Beaumont is the immediate target of Holder's voting attack.  

We've just got to stand up, kick the dirt off our boots and carry on with business. Holder is once again overstepping.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by UndercoverInTexas on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 pm

I don't understand what precipitated this.

After the 2010 census, the districts were redrawn. The new lines were challenged, and the court made some temporary changes that were to be in effect until the legislature could come up with a new map. The last thing I heard about it was that after the 2012 election, the legislature decided they were happy with the court's temporary map, and they were going to request that it be made permanent.

So why did Holder suddenly pull this out of you-know-where?

UndercoverInTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by ghfan4ever33 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 pm

UndercoverInTexas wrote:I don't understand what precipitated this.

After the 2010 census, the districts were redrawn.  The new lines were challenged, and the court made some temporary changes that were to be in effect until the legislature could come up with a new map.  The last thing I heard about it was that after the 2012 election, the legislature decided they were happy with the court's temporary map, and they were going to request that it be made permanent.

He needed more room for his head.

ghfan4ever33

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:44 am

UndercoverInTexas wrote:I don't understand what precipitated this.

After the 2010 census, the districts were redrawn.  The new lines were challenged, and the court made some temporary changes that were to be in effect until the legislature could come up with a new map.  The last thing I heard about it was that after the 2012 election, the legislature decided they were happy with the court's temporary map, and they were going to request that it be made permanent.

For some sort of control issue and their next sick agenda.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by marinewifehatessam on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:33 pm

TXHD5 wrote:Holder and the DOJ are ignoring the SCOTUS.

and

----------

LOL. Yeah that last line is CRYSTAL clear to this Texan!!! Eric Holder has just proven to me beyond any doubt that he is stupid. Only a brainless twit would go after Texas like this.

marinewifehatessam

Back to top Go down

Post by UndercoverInTexas on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:51 pm

According to DW Ulsterman, Eric Holder is "coming right out and calling Texas too racist to be trusted with its own election laws.  Texans (and other states) would likely counter that claim by indicating they in fact want to more fully PROTECT the sacred trust of its election results by ensuring only legal voters be allowed to cast ballots.  And therein you find the real contention between Texas and the Obama White House.  As Attorney General, Eric Holder has repeatedly pushed back against any state trying to secure more honest election results, and the playing of the race card has been the number one option in this administration’s tool kit.  It should also be noted that Holder’s entire premise is based on blatant hypocrisy – he claims to want to protect voters from discrimination, but is hoping to go about doing so by actually discriminating against an entire state – Texas.  And make no mistake, if the Obama regime is allowed to get away with this against Texas, other states will soon follow, the Supreme Court ruling that says otherwise be damned.

"Some may wonder why the aggression and energy being expended to punish Texas.  I would simply remind you of this quote, which is the foundation upon which the entire Obama second term now stands:

" 'After we win this election, it's our turn.  Payback time.  Everyone against us better be ready because we don't forget.  The ones who opposed us will get what they deserve.  There is going to be hell to pay.  No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.'--Valerie Jarrett in 2012"

UndercoverInTexas

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top