Where is the Outrage for the Death of Darryl Green?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is the Outrage for the Death of Darryl Green?

Post by Naddy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 pm

What a handsome and brave little boy!  Such a tragedy!  

Justice for Darryl (Breitbart)

On Thursday, July 11, police discovered the rotting body of 17-year-old Darryl Green, a black child from the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago. Green’s body was found behind a boarded-up house in the 6500-block of South Damen, face down on basement stairs. The body was so badly decomposed that originally, local news reports suggested that he had died of blunt force trauma. On Friday, an autopsy showed he had been shot to death. Relatives reported that Green had refused to join a gang at school.

Meanwhile, members of the media including Reverend Al Sharpton and Reverend Jesse Jackson focused on the “not guilty” verdict in the George Zimmerman trial over Trayvon Martin. The only media outlets that have covered the murder of Darryl Green are The Chicago Sun-Times and ABC 7 Chicago. The New York Times’ Joe Nocera mentioned Green in passing in a blog post devoted to highlighting gun crimes across the country. President Obama has not commented on Green’s death. Neither have any other politicians, including local Congressmen Danny Davis and Bobby Rush, or Mayor Rahm Emanuel. Neither has anyone at MSNBC, CNN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, The Washington Post, Associated Press, Reuters, or throughout the Hollywood community.

Last edited by Naddy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is the Outrage for the Death of Darryl Green?

Post by Teachesk on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 pm

They don't know who pulled the trigger and killed Darryl, however we do know who killed Trayvon. You can list pages and ages of murder victims doesn't changed the fact that GZ killed an unarmed teenager and got away with it.

Teachesk

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKEELY on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Teachesk wrote:They don't know who pulled the trigger and killed Darryl, however we do know who killed Trayvon. You can list pages and ages of murder victims doesn't  changed the fact that GZ killed an unarmed teenager and got away with it.

George Zimmerman did not get away with it. He was investigated (twice), arrested, jailed, charged and tried by jury of his peers who found him not guilty.

As to the topic of this thread, there is no outrage over Darryl's murder b/c it is an under-reported story and most people are unaware of it. The better question is why does the media consider Darryl's murder unworthy of the news?

KayKEELY

Back to top Go down

Post by marinewifehatessam on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:30 pm

KayKEELY wrote:
Teachesk wrote:They don't know who pulled the trigger and killed Darryl, however we do know who killed Trayvon. You can list pages and ages of murder victims doesn't  changed the fact that GZ killed an unarmed teenager and got away with it.

George Zimmerman did not get away with it. He was investigated (twice), arrested, jailed, charged and tried by jury of his peers who found him not guilty.

As to the topic of this thread, there is no outrage over Darryl's murder b/c it is an under-reported story and most people are unaware of it. The better question is why does the media consider Darryl's murder unworthy of the news?

Not to mention that Zimmerman was tried and convicted in the media even before the trial began. And he is possibly facing a civil rights violation charge if the NAACP has their way.

As for the thread topic-the media picks and chooses what they want to report. My guess on this murder case is that since they do not have an "angle" for any story (race, etc.) then they are choosing to ignore it. I hope they find this young man's killer.

marinewifehatessam

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 pm

They need to start with the gang members and do an investigation. That is where they should start IMO.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:46 pm

KayKEELY wrote:

I don't think there is anyone in this country that would trade places with Zimmerman right now, free or not. He is never going to truly enjoy freedom ever again. He will always have to be looking over his shoulder and will not be safe out there. Yes, Darryl's murder is under-reported, a very sad death and he was probably killed with many bullets, not one, but executed for no good reason, left for dead, sounds like for days.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by lavonne301 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:58 pm

IMHO the only reason that they focused so much on the TM case is because they thought that Zimmerman was white. For some reason there are some in our society that love race baiting and trying to stir up the masses. And for the life of me I cannot understand the comparison between Emmett Till and Trayvon Martin.

lavonne301

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm

lavonne301 wrote:IMHO the only reason that they focused so  much on the TM case is because they thought that Zimmerman was white. For some reason there are some in our society that love race baiting and trying to stir up the masses. And for the life of me I cannot understand the comparison between Emmett Till and Trayvon Martin.

I think you are totally correct about them thinking Zimmerman was white! Have you seen his brother, Robert Zimmerman? Much lighter complexion, good looking man too. He was on Piers Morgan last night and today Harris Faulkner on FOX interviewed him. He was saying his brother will never be safe.

I can't understand the comparison with Emmett Till either Lavonne.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by marinewifehatessam on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:14 pm

lavonne301 wrote:IMHO the only reason that they focused so  much on the TM case is because they thought that Zimmerman was white. For some reason there are some in our society that love race baiting and trying to stir up the masses. And for the life of me I cannot understand the comparison between Emmett Till and Trayvon Martin.

The race baiting that happened during this case was insane. I think in some ways this country is more racially divided than it has been in years.

marinewifehatessam

Back to top Go down

Post by lavonne301 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 pm

marinewifehatessam wrote:

The race baiting that happened during this case was insane. I think in some ways this country is more racially divided than it has been in years.

I hate to say it but that's what happens when you elect a community organizer to the office of the president. Community organizers thrive on race, that's how they organize the community imo, by stirring up mess.

lavonne301

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Saul Alinsky and Chicago thuggery in charge. Bottom up, top down, inside out. They are doing to this country what they did to Chicago.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by UndercoverInTexas on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:22 pm

There have been OVER 1000 MURDERS in Chicago so far in 2013.
There SHOULD be outrage about that.

UndercoverInTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm

UndercoverInTexas wrote:There have been OVER 1000 MURDERS in Chicago so far in 2013.
There SHOULD be outrage about that.

Most certainly should be.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Post by TXHD5 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 pm

The race baiting has a long range purpose. People aren't looking at the BIG picture.

TXHD5

Back to top Go down

Post by Naddy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:09 am

The media seems to be key to all of this.  What gets media attention, what crimes are reported, how are they reported and what spin is or isn't put on what happened?  The media portrayed the Zimmerman trial in a terrible light.  NBC is being sued by Zimmerman's lawyers now because of the spin they put on this by splicing the 911 tape and giving the appearance that Zimmerman killed for reasons other than self defense.  Even with the prosecution withholding evidence Zimmerman was still declared NOT Guilty and defended his life because the evidence that was presented all clearly indicated he was fighting for his life.  

The media has gotten more power than they should under this administration. IIRC it was last week, the liberal media was once again summoned to the WH for a meeting.  I am thinking they are being told what to report, how to report it and given very specific instructions on how to do their job.

Naddy

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top