Have you seen the ABC news (or any other news) report on the PORTRAITS - WE THE TAX PAYER - HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR ??????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have you seen the ABC news (or any other news) report on the PORTRAITS - WE THE TAX PAYER - HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR ??????

Post by jennymormul on Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Each portrait runs between $10,000 to $45,000 ???? WHAAAAAT ????? and we are NOT talking about the official portrait of the President - every President gets a portrait and I don't mind if my tax dollars pay for that - even though any Pres can afford it themselves but anyway - we are not talking about the Vice Pres, or ANY Cabinet members, we are talking about low level nobodies (you know, the kind of bureaucrats that we can do without) one guy was only on the job for 7 MONTHS and got a portrait and WE paid for it!!!!! OMG!!!! UMMMMM Sequestration, anyone????? maybe they should have cut $45,000 portraits, instead of cutting, Oh, I don't know, say - air traffic control???????? geeeeeeezzz....... GOVERNMENT WASTE IS NO JOKE!!!!!! pig

jennymormul

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you seen the ABC news (or any other news) report on the PORTRAITS - WE THE TAX PAYER - HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR ??????

Post by UndercoverInTexas on Thu May 16, 2013 4:15 pm

That's because the sequester IS a joke.
The federal government will be spending MORE this year, even after the "sequester," but certain people don't want the public to know it.
The sequester didn't cut a percentage of this year's budget; it cut a percentage of the INCREASE in this year's budget.
The president and Democrats simply used the confusion for political points. They instructed certain departments to be sure and cut high-profile services and tell the public that it is the sequester's fault.
For example, the White House SELF-GUIDED tours were cut, while the president's celebrity party budget remained.
One of the large national parks shut down certain services and were instructed to tell patrons that it was the result of the sequester; yet an employee revealed that personnel and salaries were not cut, and he reported that the edict came from above his boss, which would be the Dept of the Interior.
The TSA supposedly made cuts which resulted in long lines at airport security; yet when Congress and their staff were impacted, services were quickly restored.

UndercoverInTexas

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you seen the ABC news (or any other news) report on the PORTRAITS - WE THE TAX PAYER - HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR ??????

Post by jennymormul on Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey, I was finally able to put a pic!!!! Isn't my David the MOST handsome!!!??? ha ha ha, yup, I think I'll keep him!!! ha ha

jennymormul

Back to top Go down

Post by jennymormul on Thu May 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh sorry for going off topic for a second ha ha

Anyway, I know, it is all - let's see how DUMB the public is???? really, how stupid do they think we are? They cut where it would HURT - where it would SHOW - it's all crap!!!! and it IS just cutting the increase!!!! NOT cutting one dime!!!!

It's incredible!!!! SO, if I have $100 to spend, and I plan to spend $250 and I then decide to spend ONLY $225 - I AM STILL SPENDING TOO MUCH!!!! They need to go back to kindergarten or first grade, simple math!!!!!

Well, actually they know they just don't care!!!!!

jennymormul

Back to top Go down

Post by jennymormul on Thu May 16, 2013 4:25 pm

gotta head out from work - HA - I am at work - usually SO damned busy, but today I had a few minutes so I decided to check in with my GH friends!!!

Off for the commute - I'll check in when I get home to see what other people have to say!!!!!

jennymormul

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top